Gary Klein: Not Listening to the Fish
The start of my B.A.S.S. Elite Series season hasn’t been what I’d hope for. I’ve had one decent tournament and three below-par events, but it’s a long season.
We’ve got eight tournaments, and we’ve only finished four, so it’s a long way from being over. A person could turn it around with four strong events.
I’ve definitely been a little off track so far. I think one thing that’s happened to me is that I end up with so much knowledge about some of these bodies of water, and I believe I know how you’re supposed to win. In my case, I have a good knowledge of what has worked in the past, and I’m relying too much on that knowledge.
Right now, I’m not listening to the fish. Regardless of the history of a place, you’ve got to fish current conditions. You have to react to what’s taking place at the moment.
Although my results so far aren’t showing it, I learned in Major League Fishing the value of making decisions quick. Whether you continue or change, you have to decide and be conscious of the time clock.
Like I said, there’s time to turn this around.
Gary Klein NewsRSS
- GEICO Selects: Klein Knew What Was Coming
- Anglers All Smiles as MLF Effect
Becomes Apparent at TTBC
- Rojas Dominates Sudden Death Day One
- Simple Ideas for Delayed Spring Bassin'
- Kriet Tops the Field of Elimination Day One
- Wind Forecast Doesn't Temper Grigsby's Enthusiasm
- Klein Prepares to Weather Day One Change
- Challenge Cup Battle Wounds
- KVD Delivers Crushing Day Three Performance
- Quinn Ready for Smallmouth and to Top KVD
- Klein: Textbook Fall Fishing
- Alpena Summit Cup Filming Completed
- Episode Four Re-Air: Challenge
Cup Sudden Death in Primetime
- Episode Two Re-Air: Former Champs
Meet in Istokpoga Elimination Round
- Q & A with Legendary Angler Gary Klein
- Anglers Share Their Secrets
- Ehrler Punches Ticket to Challenge Cup Finals
- Episode Four: Former Champion, Home-
State Favorite Battle in Sudden Death
- Klein Hopes for the Best as Sandy Nears
- Jones Top Qualifier on Istokpoga Day Two
- Former Champs Compete in Episode Two
- Challenge Cup: A Gale of a Good Time in Florida
- MLF Anglers Struggle at Falcon Elite but
Dominate Angler-of-the-Year Standings
- Ike Dominates Summit Cup Day 1
- Chautauqua Conjectures
- REPEL Sweepstakes Offers
Fishing Day with Gary Klein
- The Cerebral Side to Fishing Success
- Finding July's Firecracker Bass
- Klein, Duckett: The Confrontation
- Duckett: The Businessman Angler
- Klein: The Respected Veteran Angler
- Major League Masterminds
- The Wind Is Your Friend!
- Innovative Format, New Strategies
- VanDam, Ehrler Championship Bound
- Sudden Death: The Race to 40 Pounds
- Quinn and 'Bama Rig Crush the Field
- 'Crushing' Performance in Webisode Four
- 'Bama Rig Dominates Webisode One
- Mental Prep in Overdrive on Eve of Day 1
- Elimination Round Day 1: Angler Notes
- Quantum to Support Major League Fishing