Denny Brauer: Call it Semi-Retirement
I’m not calling this retirement. This is a semi-retirement, because I’m absolutely going to continue to fish Major League Fishing. I’m more excited than ever about that.
But to tell you the truth, I’ve had so much trouble in past few years with my back and my knees that I just have to step back a little bit, and moving away from B.A.S.S. Elite Series competition seemed to be thing I need to do.
It’s not so much the fishing as it is the long drives and the flying. That’s what’s gotten to me. Going up and down the highways gets hard and it’s time to step back. And when I looked at the schedule (for B.A.S.S.) and looked at all the travel, it was just a little more than I want to deal with right now. This takes a big load off my shoulders.
Shirley and I have bought a place in Del Rio, and my plan now is to continue to fish Major League Fishing and to take advantage of the opportunities that Texas has to offer. I’m going to fish on Lake Amistad and Lake Falcon, and I’m going to enjoy it. I’m really looking forward to having more time to fish those lakes for fun.
Talking about Major League Fishing, the first two events already bring up a lot of good memories and I’m even more pumped now than I was before about the future. That was a great event we just filmed at Chautauqua. The lake was one of the most beautiful settings that I’ve ever experienced, and it was a body of water that I really enjoyed fishing.
Denny Brauer NewsRSS
- Jones Top Qualifier on Istokpoga Day Two
- Former Champs Compete in Episode Two
- Elimination Day Two: Brauer Hopes
to Change His Florida Fishing Luck
- Dock Master Shares Keys to Summit Cup Success
- Quinn First to Punch Ticket to Finals
- Hackney Building, Adapting
and Fishing with Heroes
- Brauer Pulling Out the Blinders for Finals
- Major League Lessons: Dock Fishing 101
- 'Sudden Death' Pressure Cooker
- The Race to 24 Pounds in Primetime
- Ike Dominates Summit Cup Day 1
- Chautauqua Conjectures
- The 'King' to Support the Majors
- Denny Brauer Retires, Sort of...
- Hackney Fourth at Toledo Bend Elite
- Major League Fishing Tip: Pass It On!
- Looking for Quick Pattern Recognition
- Innovative Format, New Strategies
- Day 2 Forecast: All Kinds of Adversity
- Ike Mounts Period 3 Comeback
- Jones Fourth, Horton Sixth at Classic
- 'Going Ike' in Webisode Two