Jason Quinn: Pressure Fishing
Jason Quinn recently secured his sixth Bassmaster Classic berth with a Top 10 finish at the B.A.S.S. Elite Series finale at Oneida Lake in New York.
I feel good where I’m at. I’m coming off a good Elite Series season, and I made the Bassmaster Classic, which is one of the main goals we all have every season.
I’m happy to have made it, because I had to do some pressure fishing at Oneida. Going in, I felt like I needed a good finish to jump up there and make the Classic, and fortunately I got it done.
What was a little strange about that final event is that I had a good practice, but once we started the event everything changed. I only had six or seven bites all day, pretty much every day, but I was fortunate enough to land the bites I got. So, yes, that was definitely pressure fishing.
This will be my sixth Classic. I plan on pre-fishing Grand Lake before the Classic. But the problem with that is you never know what’s going to happen in February. The conditions might be a lot different than they are when you pre-fish, so you just don’t know what February is going to bring.
Other than that, I’m just real excited about the next Major League Fishing event coming up. The first two events have been great, but they’ve been really different.
In our first event, we were at one of the big fish capitals of the world, and we could move around a lot. At our second event, Chautauqua, the zones were a lot different, so we had to approach it a different way. But I like that we’re not doing the same thing.
It was also different because we had been through the format one time already, so I think we were all a little more comfortable. But with that field we have, it's pressure fishing, too.
Jason Quinn NewsRSS
- Alpena Summit Cup Filming Completed
- Lane Dominates Istokpoga Day One
- Big O Experience: Help or Hurt on Istokpoga?
- Episode One: Anglers Tackle Lake
Istokpoga and a Gator in Primetime
- Pace Wins Bassmaster Classic,
11 MLF Anglers Finish in Top 25
- Pace, Palaniuk, Iaconelli Lead
the Field After Classic Day 2
- Ike Tied for Classic Day 1 Lead
- Classic: Bone-Chilling Cold
- Quinn First to Punch Ticket to Finals
- Quinn Focused on Championship Day
- Hackney Building, Adapting
and Fishing with Heroes
- Will Largemouth Continue to Prevail?
- Davis Goes Wire to Wire on Day 3
- Another Primetime Battle to the Finish
- Chautauqua Conjectures
- 2013 Classic Field Stacked with
Major League Fishing Anglers
- Duckett Punches Classic Ticket
- Evers Fourth at Bull Shoals Elite
- Quinn, A-Rig Dominate Episode One
- Webisode Seven: Climb Inside the Minds
- VanDam, Ehrler Championship Bound
- Sudden Death: The Race to 40 Pounds
- Quinn and 'Bama Rig Crush the Field
- 'Crushing' Performance in Webisode Four
- 'Bama Rig Dominates Webisode One
- OPTIMA Batteries Announces Sponsorship
- Mental Prep in Overdrive on Eve of Day 1
- Elimination Round Day 1: Angler Notes