Mark Davis: Changing the Fan's Viewpoint
Major League Fishing is a great concept that showcases the truest form of sport and the competitive side of bass fishing.
I think the no practice is the element I like the most. You’ll have to be able to figure it out fast. The no practice and head-to-head competition is the thing that really gets in your mind. Knowing the weights adds another dimension to the competition as well. Sometimes it’s better not to know, fish at your own pace, and this changes things.
We will have to wait and see how Major League Fishing changes competitive fishing, but it certainly gives a different perspective. The fan is the winner in this thing.
There’s plenty of room for a new fishing competition… without a doubt. There’s always room for competition, but this is so different than what’s already there.
It’s a great field of anglers, very competitive. Most of the best of the best are there. I do like the small field, that’s going to separate Major League Fishing from the other leagues. This format will allow fans to key in on one angler and learn from them in one event. That’s difficult to do with a larger field of anglers.
The fan will be able to learn a lot more about the sport of bass fishing by being able to catch things that other shows won’t show because they only cover the winner. The viewer will be able to learn more about the sport, from our mistakes and from our successes. It’s certainly going to change the fan’s viewpoint.
Mark Davis NewsRSS
- MLF Anglers Dominate at Sabine River Elite
- Pace Wins Bassmaster Classic,
11 MLF Anglers Finish in Top 25
- Pace, Palaniuk, Iaconelli Lead
the Field After Classic Day 2
- Ike Tied for Classic Day 1 Lead
- Classic: Bone-Chilling Cold
- Grigsby First to Punch Finals
Ticket on Sudden Death Day 2
- Major League Lessons: Dock Fishing 101
- Adverse Wind to Test Angler Skill and
Composure During Sudden Death Day 2
- Will Largemouth Continue to Prevail?
- Davis Goes Wire to Wire on Day 3
- Another Primetime Battle to the Finish
- Chautauqua Conjectures
- The 'King' to Support the Majors
- 2013 Classic Field Stacked with
Major League Fishing Anglers
- Hackney Fourth at Toledo Bend Elite
- Fishing the Deep: Finding Off-Shore Fish
- Martens Third at Douglas Lake Elite
- Quinn and 'Bama Rig Crush the Field
- 'Bama Rig Dominates Webisode One
- Mental Prep in Overdrive on Eve of Day 1