Angler Q & A
Technique strength: Versatility
Technique weakness: Slowing Down
Favorite lake or river: Lake Amistad, it is a beautiful lake, very diverse, and I can catch them in a lot of different ways. The Swimbait bite is good, or you can catch them on a dropshot or anywhere in between.
Least favorite lake or river: Arkansas River, It’s been horrible to me
Favorite bait: Whatever I can catch them on at the moment, I just like catching them, it doesn’t really matter what lure they are on.
Favorite fishing knot: Trilene Knot, I’ve found it to be the strongest knot for fluorocarbon.
Started bass fishing at the age of: 10 years old My Dad gave me a Christmas gift of a guided trip on Lake Stockton in Missouri, caught them on a buzzbait; had a lot of fun.
Started fishing bass tournaments at the age of: 13 years old, fishing out of a one man boat in a bass club on Lake Worth in Texas with the Denton County Bass Club.
Year turned pro: I entered my first B.A.S.S. Invitational Fall of 1997, but in my third year of fishing the Invitationals, I made the Classic and got my first paying sponsors, that is when I feel like I had made it to the professional level.
Do you get nervous before tournaments: Oh Yeah, I get excited and nervous. I start thinking about what might have changed since practice ended, and what adjustments I’m going to have to make.
Largest bass caught to date: 10-pound, 8-ounce largemouth and four others over 10 pounds.
Your most memorable bass fishing moment: Winning my first B.A.S.S. on Lake Eufala in Alabama in 2003. Winning that tournament made me think I could compete and make a living at this.
Your biggest bass fishing influence (person): Don’t think I really have one; I tend to try and do things on my own.
If you were not a professional bass angler, what would you be doing: I would probably be a coach probably football, basketball and track.
What question do most people ask you the most: How do you get started as a pro angler, and a close second is how do they get sponsors.
What is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you while fishing: On Sam Rayburn and I was in the top three in the standings and trying to make the Classic; it was the final event of the year. It was still dark when I launched with my co-angler; and it was really windy. I was driving around the dykes to go into a marina when I see waves crashing on an island in front of me silhouetted by the moon. I was too close to turn away from the island, so I mashed the throttle and drove my Nitro over the island to the other side, then pushed it the rest of the way into the water. We got it in and fished the tournament. I still finished ninth and made the Classic.
As a boy, what did you want to be when you grew up: Dreamed about being a football player or afisherman. I played college football and it became too much of a job to juggle school, football and fishing.
What is the biggest obstacle you face as a professional angler: Juggling the travel schedule, time away from my wife, Tuesday, and the kids.
How has state conservation programs and bass angler fish care effected bass fishing across the nation: It certainly has lowered creel limits over the years, which has helped the resource around. I also feel that conservation have helped educate anglers are more now than in the past; which has helped as well
2014 Summit Cup Episode One (Full Episode)
2013 ICAST: Tips from the Pros - Part 1
Edwin Evers: Keys to Success at MLF Events
Edwin Evers: 2013 Challenge Cup Final Wrap-Up
Edwin Evers: 2013 Summit Cup Day 2 Sudden Death Preview
Major League Fishing Boats and Equipment
- Edwin Evers 2015 Challenge Cup Elimination Day 3 - Photo 4
- Edwin Evers 2015 Challenge Cup Elimination Day 3 - Photo 1
- Edwin Evers 2015 Challenge Cup Elimination Day 3 - Photo 2
- Edwin Evers 2015 Challenge Cup Elimination Day 3 - Photo 3
- Edwin Evers Summit Cup Day 2 - Photo 4
- Edwin Evers Summit Cup Day 2 - Photo 3
- Edwin Evers Summit Cup Day 2 - Photo 2
- Edwin Evers Summit Cup Day 2 - Photo 1
- Edwin Evers: 2013 Championship, Photo 7
- Edwin Evers: 2013 Championship, Photo 5
- Edwin Evers: 2013 Championship, Photo 3
- Edwin Evers: 2013 Championship, Photo 1
Edwin Evers NewsRSS
- Brauer Looking to Dance with Second Summit Cup Title
- E2 Giving Back with Fishing Trip
- Spawning Love of Fishing in Youth
- Anglers All Smiles as MLF Effect
Becomes Apparent at TTBC
- Rojas Dominates Sudden Death Day One
- Evers Prepares for Sudden Death Stress Test
- Big Bite the Difference Maker for KJ
- Evers Holds Slim Lead after Classic Day Two
- Evers Weathers Classic Day One Storm
- KVD Unstoppable in Sudden Death
- Evers Continues Quest for Second MLF Title
- Find Baitfish, Find Fall Bass
- Alpena Summit Cup Filming Completed
- Aaron Martens wins B.A.S.S. Angler of Year title
- A Toast to the Champions
- Since Stirring Istokpoga Comeback,
E2 on a Major League Roll
- Episode Six Re-Air: Crazy Momentum
Change in Challenge Cup Final
- Episode Five Re-Air: Sudden
Death with a Hurricane Twist
- Late Evers Charge Yields
2013 Challenge Cup Win
- Edwin Evers: On a Roll
- Anglers Share Their Secrets
- Evers Wins Alabama River Elite,
Widens Angler of the Year Lead
- Jones Dominates Sudden Death Day Two
- Evers Hopes to Win First Championship
- Crazy Momentum Change in Episode Six
- Reese Wins West Point Elite
- Evers, Ehrler on Top in Angler of the Year Races
- Sudden Death with a Hurricane
Twist in Episode Five
- Lane Dominates Istokpoga Day One
- Episode One: Anglers Tackle Lake
Istokpoga and a Gator in Primetime
- Big O Experience: Help or Hurt on Istokpoga?
- MLF Anglers Struggle at Falcon Elite but
Dominate Angler-of-the-Year Standings
- Pace Wins Bassmaster Classic,
11 MLF Anglers Finish in Top 25
- Pace, Palaniuk, Iaconelli Lead
the Field After Classic Day 2
- Ike Tied for Classic Day 1 Lead
- McClelland a Classic Favorite – And He Likes It
- Classic: Bone-Chilling Cold
- Grigsby First to Punch Finals
Ticket on Sudden Death Day 2
- Adverse Wind to Test Angler Skill and
Composure During Sudden Death Day 2
- Ish Holds Off Kriet on Day 2
- Losing Composure During Episode 2
- Can West Dominate East on Summit Cup Day 2?
- Chautauqua Conjectures
- 2013 Classic Field Stacked with
Major League Fishing Anglers
- Hackney Fourth at Toledo Bend Elite
- Evers Fourth at Bull Shoals Elite
- Jones Fourth, Horton Sixth at Classic
- Ike Mounts Period 3 Comeback
- 'Going Ike' in Webisode Two
- OPTIMA Batteries Announces Sponsorship
- Day 2 Forecast: All Kinds of Adversity
- Edwin Evers: Bass Fishing – An Emotional Roller Coaster