Angler Q & A
Technique strength: Being versatile, having the ability to fish light and heavy line.
Technique weakness: I don’t feel like I have weakness. However, I don’t like using a Carolina rig.
Favorite lake or river: I like Clear Lake probably because I leaned how to fish tournaments there.
Least favorite lake or river: I can’t say I have least favorite.
Favorite bait: I don’t have a favorite, it all goes back to my versatility.
Favorite fishing knot: Palomar, I use it 95 percent of the time
Started bass fishing at the age of: Caught my first bass at the age of 8.
Started fishing bass tournaments at the age of: At 14 I fished my first tournament and 17 I got a bass boat.
Year turned pro: 1997
Do you get nervous before tournaments: I don’t’ get nervous; I get anxious. The unknown factor drives me nuts.
Largest bass caught to date: 12-pound-even largemouth
Your most memorable bass fishing moment: There are several. Winning B.A.S.S. Angler of the Year and at Toho in 1997 was very emotional.
Your biggest bass fishing influence (person): I once read an article about Rick Clunn being a pro fisherman, so probably him and my dad for taking me fishing at an early age.
What is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you while fishing: There have been many. At a tournament on Lake Wheeler, I came in and found out I had 6 fish in my livewell. That was very embarrassing.
What is the biggest obstacle you face as a professional angler: Being away from my family is very difficult.
2014 Challenge Cup Episode One (Full Episode)
2014 Summit Cup Episode One (Full Episode)
Skeet Reese: 2013 Summit Cup Day 2 Elimination Round Wrap-Up Interview
Skeet Reese: Speed Kills
Latest Blog Post
Skeet Reese is one of the top names in professional fishing. His black-and-yellow attire, truck and boat are recognizable to almost all professional fishing fans. In fact, ask any weekend angler to list the three top names among pro anglers and you're likely to hear: VanDam, Iaconelli and Reese. Read More
Major League Fishing Stats
- Last Tournament
- Fish Caught: 26
- Total Weight: 50lbs 8oz
- Rank: 5
- View Complete Tournament Stats
- Season Total
- Total Weight: 50lbs 8oz
- Rank: 5
Skeet Reese NewsRSS
- MLF Anglers Dominate B.A.S.S. AOY Race
- KJ Captures Challenge Cup Title at Ray Bob
- Ehrler vs. KVD: The Race for Bassin' Supremacy
- Klein Focused on First MLF Finale
- Rojas Ready to Grind It Out in Finals
- Reese Looking for the Big Bite to Win at Ray Rob
- Jordon Hopes to Ride Big Bite Momentum
- KJ Comes Up Big on Sudden Death Day Two
- KJ's Secret Weapon for Sudden Death
- Velvick Preps for First Sudden Death Appearance
- Kriet Tops the Field of Elimination Day One
- Wind Forecast Doesn't Temper Grigsby's Enthusiasm
- Photo Finish for Martens in Sudden Death
- Hackney Hopes to Figure out Long Lake's Bass First
- Reese Hopes to Find Outside Success
at Alpena Unknown Water Body
- Aaron Martens wins B.A.S.S. Angler of Year title
- Alpena Summit Cup Filming Completed
- Skeet Hit the Gym, a Better Year Followed
- Skeet Reese Kids Fishing Day a Success
- Episode Two Re-Air: Former Champs
Meet in Istokpoga Elimination Round
- Reese Wins West Point Elite
- Jones Top Qualifier on Istokpoga Day Two
- Former Champs Compete in Episode Two
- Pace Wins Bassmaster Classic,
11 MLF Anglers Finish in Top 25
- Pace, Palaniuk, Iaconelli Lead
the Field After Classic Day 2
- Ike Tied for Classic Day 1 Lead
- Classic: Bone-Chilling Cold
- Can West Dominate East on Summit Cup Day 2?
- Losing Composure During Episode 2
- Ish Holds Off Kriet on Day 2
- Chautauqua Conjectures
- Lucky Craft Becomes 2013 League Sponsor
- 2013 Classic Field Stacked with
Major League Fishing Anglers
- Martens Third at Green Bay Elite
- Evers Fourth at Bull Shoals Elite
- Jordon, McClelland Advance to Finals
- Monroe Goes Wire to Wire at Big-O Elite
- Jones Wins St. John's River Elite Event
- Sudden Death Day 2: The Winds of Change
- Day 3 Anglers Brace for the Unknown
- McClelland Goes Wire to Wire
- Elimination Round Day 3: Angler Notes
- Size vs. Numbers in Webisode Five
- Injured Angler, High Winds in Webisode Three