Angler Q & A
Technique strength: Figuring out a body of water quickly, adjusting quickly on the fly, fishing shallow.
Technique weakness: I don’t feel like I have a big weakness. However, ledges do challenge me.
Favorite lake or river: Lowest part of the Arkansas. I like new places due to the challenge.
Least favorite lake or river: I really do not have a least favorite.
Favorite bait: Hack Attack Jig
Favorite fishing knot: Palomar, it’s the only one I tie.
Started bass fishing at the age of: Since before I can remember.
Started fishing bass tournaments at the age of: 11
Year turned pro: 2001
Do you get nervous before tournaments: I don’t get nervous; I get anxious.
Largest bass caught to date: 12-pound, 8-ounce largemouth on March 31, 1991
Your most memorable bass fishing moment: Winning the FLW championship in 2009
Your biggest bass fishing influence (person): My grandfather and my father
If you were not a professional bass angler, what would you be doing: I’d be in the logging industry. My dream job would be working with white-tailed deer.
What question do most people ask you the most: Will I do the sexy man dance.
What is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you while fishing: I don’t really know; nothing really stands out. It would likely be something at the boat ramp.
As a boy, what did you want to be when you grew up: At a very young age, I wanted to be a pro angler.
What is the biggest obstacle you face as a professional angler: The long periods of time being away from family. It’s my dream to be a pro angler but that’s the sacrifice.
How has state conservation programs and bass angler fish care effected bass fishing across the nation: Bass conservation has been a huge success due to catch and release. However, I don’t have a problem with people keeping fish to eat as long as they follow the rules the state DNRs have put into place.
Hackney Caged Up and Ready to Get Out
Greg Hackney: 2015 Summit Cup Day Two Sudden Death Preview
2014 Challenge Cup Episode One (Full Episode)
Qualities and Quirks: Live off the Land?
Greg Hackney Qualities and Quirks
Greg Hackney Explains How Real-Time Scoring Works
- Greg Hackney 2015 Challenge Cup Elimination Day 3 - Photo 1
- Greg Hackney 2015 Challenge Cup Elimination Day 3 - Photo 2
- Greg Hackney 2015 Challenge Cup Elimination Day 3 - Photo 3
- Greg Hackney 2015 Challenge Cup Elimination Day 3 - Photo 4
- Greg Hackney 2015 Summit Cup Sudden Death Day 2 - Photo 2
- Greg Hackney 2015 Summit Cup Sudden Death Day 2 - Photo 1
- Greg Hackney Summit Cup Day 3 - Photo 1
- Greg Hackney Summit Cup Day 3 - Photo 2
- Greg Hackney Summit Cup Day 3 - Photo 3
- Greg Hackney Summit Cup Day 3 - Photo 4
- Greg Hackney Summit Cup Day 3 - Photo 5
- Greg Hackney: Amistad Elimination Day 1, Photo 5 (linkline)
- Greg Hackney: 2013 Summit Cup Elimination Day 1, Photo 6
- Greg Hackney: 2013 Summit Cup Elimination Day 1, Photo 7
- Greg Hackney: 2013 Summit Cup Elimination Day 1, Photo 8
- Greg Hackney: 2013 Summit Cup Elimination Day 1, Photo 9
Greg Hackney NewsRSS
- DeFoe Advances to Summit Cup Final
- Hackney: Consistent, Confident,
Independent – and a Gambler
- MLF Anglers Dominate B.A.S.S. AOY Race
- KVD Dominates Alpena Summit Cup Final
- KVD Looks to Complete Resume at Summit Cup
- Hackney Hopes to Figure out Long Lake's Bass First
- Ehrler Puts on Day Two Topwater Clinic
- Alpena Summit Cup Filming Completed
- Lane Dominates Istokpoga Day One
- Episode One: Anglers Tackle Lake
Istokpoga and a Gator in Primetime
- Big O Experience: Help or Hurt on Istokpoga?
- Pace Wins Bassmaster Classic,
11 MLF Anglers Finish in Top 25
- Pace, Palaniuk, Iaconelli Lead
the Field After Classic Day 2
- Ike Tied for Classic Day 1 Lead
- Classic: Bone-Chilling Cold
- Hackney Building, Adapting
and Fishing with Heroes
- Grigsby First to Punch Finals
Ticket on Sudden Death Day 2
- Adverse Wind to Test Angler Skill and
Composure During Sudden Death Day 2
- Ike Dominates Summit Cup Day 1
- Greg Hackney: Enjoying Downtime
- Chautauqua Conjectures
- The 'King' to Support the Majors
- 2013 Classic Field Stacked with
Major League Fishing Anglers
- Greg Hackney: More Efficient
- Hackney Fourth at Toledo Bend Elite
- Jones Wins St. John's River Elite Event
- Jones Fourth, Horton Sixth at Classic
- Quinn and 'Bama Rig Crush the Field
- Mental Prep in Overdrive on Eve of Day 1
- 'Bama Rig Dominates Webisode One
- Greg Hackney: The Purest Form of the Sport
- Quantum to Support Major League Fishing