Angler Q & A
Technique strength: Figuring out a body of water quickly, adjusting quickly on the fly, fishing shallow.
Technique weakness: I don’t feel like I have a big weakness. However, ledges do challenge me.
Favorite lake or river: Lowest part of the Arkansas. I like new places due to the challenge.
Least favorite lake or river: I really do not have a least favorite.
Favorite bait: Hack Attack Jig
Favorite fishing knot: Palomar, it’s the only one I tie.
Started bass fishing at the age of: Since before I can remember.
Started fishing bass tournaments at the age of: 11
Year turned pro: 2001
Do you get nervous before tournaments: I don’t get nervous; I get anxious.
Largest bass caught to date: 12-pound, 8-ounce largemouth on March 31, 1991
Your most memorable bass fishing moment: Winning the FLW championship in 2009
Your biggest bass fishing influence (person): My grandfather and my father
If you were not a professional bass angler, what would you be doing: I’d be in the logging industry. My dream job would be working with white-tailed deer.
What question do most people ask you the most: Will I do the sexy man dance.
What is the most embarrassing thing that has happened to you while fishing: I don’t really know; nothing really stands out. It would likely be something at the boat ramp.
As a boy, what did you want to be when you grew up: At a very young age, I wanted to be a pro angler.
What is the biggest obstacle you face as a professional angler: The long periods of time being away from family. It’s my dream to be a pro angler but that’s the sacrifice.
How has state conservation programs and bass angler fish care effected bass fishing across the nation: Bass conservation has been a huge success due to catch and release. However, I don’t have a problem with people keeping fish to eat as long as they follow the rules the state DNRs have put into place.
Greg Hackney: 2015 Summit Cup Day Two Sudden Death Preview
2014 Challenge Cup Episode One (Full Episode)
Qualities and Quirks: Live off the Land?
Greg Hackney Qualities and Quirks
Greg Hackney Explains How Real-Time Scoring Works
- Greg Hackney 2015 Summit Cup Sudden Death Day 2 - Photo 2
- Greg Hackney 2015 Summit Cup Sudden Death Day 2 - Photo 1
- Greg Hackney Summit Cup Day 3 - Photo 1
- Greg Hackney Summit Cup Day 3 - Photo 2
- Greg Hackney Summit Cup Day 3 - Photo 3
- Greg Hackney Summit Cup Day 3 - Photo 4
- Greg Hackney Summit Cup Day 3 - Photo 5
- Greg Hackney: Amistad Elimination Day 1, Photo 5 (linkline)
- Greg Hackney: 2013 Summit Cup Elimination Day 1, Photo 6
- Greg Hackney: 2013 Summit Cup Elimination Day 1, Photo 7
- Greg Hackney: 2013 Summit Cup Elimination Day 1, Photo 8
- Greg Hackney: 2013 Summit Cup Elimination Day 1, Photo 9
Greg Hackney NewsRSS
- DeFoe Advances to Summit Cup Final
- Hackney: Consistent, Confident,
Independent – and a Gambler
- MLF Anglers Dominate B.A.S.S. AOY Race
- KVD Dominates Alpena Summit Cup Final
- KVD Looks to Complete Resume at Summit Cup
- Hackney Hopes to Figure out Long Lake's Bass First
- Ehrler Puts on Day Two Topwater Clinic
- Alpena Summit Cup Filming Completed
- Lane Dominates Istokpoga Day One
- Episode One: Anglers Tackle Lake
Istokpoga and a Gator in Primetime
- Big O Experience: Help or Hurt on Istokpoga?
- Pace Wins Bassmaster Classic,
11 MLF Anglers Finish in Top 25
- Pace, Palaniuk, Iaconelli Lead
the Field After Classic Day 2
- Ike Tied for Classic Day 1 Lead
- Classic: Bone-Chilling Cold
- Hackney Building, Adapting
and Fishing with Heroes
- Grigsby First to Punch Finals
Ticket on Sudden Death Day 2
- Adverse Wind to Test Angler Skill and
Composure During Sudden Death Day 2
- Ike Dominates Summit Cup Day 1
- Greg Hackney: Enjoying Downtime
- Chautauqua Conjectures
- The 'King' to Support the Majors
- 2013 Classic Field Stacked with
Major League Fishing Anglers
- Greg Hackney: More Efficient
- Hackney Fourth at Toledo Bend Elite
- Jones Wins St. John's River Elite Event
- Jones Fourth, Horton Sixth at Classic
- Quinn and 'Bama Rig Crush the Field
- Mental Prep in Overdrive on Eve of Day 1
- 'Bama Rig Dominates Webisode One
- Greg Hackney: The Purest Form of the Sport
- Quantum to Support Major League Fishing