Angler Q & A
Technique strength: Probably finesse fishing and fishing deep water
Favorite lake or river: Falcon Lake
Least favorite lake or river: There are a couple of places I would just as soon not fish. I don’t care for Pittsburgh. And, I don’t like the Arkansas River.
Favorite bait: If I had to have one bait all year, it would probably be a jig. I love to finesse fish, so you might think it would be a shaky-head. But a jig is the most versatile.
Started bass fishing at the age of: I started at 5 or 6, but my first tournament was at the age of 11.
Year turned pro: I turned pro full-time in 1999.
Do you get nervous before tournaments: Rarely do I get nervous. I’ve fished a lot of tournaments. I spin out sometimes when I’m not catching them. But as far as waking up nervous, not any more.
Your biggest bass fishing influence (person): As far as an influence in fishing, I’d have to give it to my Aunt Foofie (Caroline). I spent summers with her. She taught me a lot about bass fishing and probably got me on the path to doing it for a living. Later, it was Denny Brauer , Mark Davis, Rick Clunn and Larry Nixon.
If you were not a professional bass angler, what would you be doing: I would probably still be a banker or a loan officer. I know I’m lucky to be doing what I’m doing.
Largest bass caught to date: 12-pound, 12-ounce largemouth on Lake Murray in Oklahoma
Most memorable bass fishing moment: The thing I will never forget was me first Bassmaster Classic.
What will the strategy be for the new format: It’s such a new and different format, I’ll know what’s going on, so I’ll make decisions by who’s leading. If you look at my record, I make a lot of checks but don’t win a lot. In a regular tournament, you’ve got to catch the five biggest. Now, I can fish the way I like to fish. Fishing has always been mental. Now that you’ve added the twists, though, who knows? You’ll know Mark Davis is catching them, and he’s right over there. KVD is mentally the strongest. But this is a new format, Kevin. I might be the mental giant.
VanDam & Kriet: What's the Reel Deal?
Kriet: Taking a Spinning Reel to Louisiana?
Jeff Kriet: 2015 Summit Cup Elimination Day Two Preview
2014 Challenge Cup Episode One (Full Episode)
2014 Summit Cup Episode One (Full Episode)
Jeff Kriet: MLF Building Better Anglers?
Jeff Kriet: The Importance of Quality Shades
2013 ICAST: Tips from the Pros - Part 1
- Jeff Kriet 2015 Challenge Cup Elimination Day 2 - Photo 1
- Jeff Kriet 2015 Challenge Cup Elimination Day 2 - Photo 2
- Jeff Kriet 2015 Challenge Cup Elimination Day 2 - Photo 3
- Jeff Kriet 2015 Challenge Cup Elimination Day 2 - Photo 4
- Jeff Kriet Summit Cup Day 2 - Photo 4
- Jeff Kriet Summit Cup Day 2 - Photo 3
- Jeff Kriet Summit Cup Day 2 - Photo 2
- Jeff Kriet Summit Cup Day 2 - Photo 1
- Jeff Kriet: 2013 Summit Cup Elimination Day 2, Photo 3
- Jeff Kriet: 2013 Summit Cup Elimination Day 2, Photo 4
- Jeff Kriet: 2013 Summit Cup Elimination Day 2, Photo 5
- Jeff Kriet: 2013 Summit Cup Elimination Day 2, Photo 6
Jeff Kriet NewsRSS
- Grigsby Looking for First Cup Win
- Brauer Looking to Dance with Second Summit Cup Title
- Rojas Dominates Sudden Death Day One
- Evers Prepares for Sudden Death Stress Test
- Kriet Tops the Field of Elimination Day One
- Wind Forecast Doesn't Temper Grigsby's Enthusiasm
- Kriet Pondering How to Hit MLF's
Latest Curveball in Alpena
- Alpena Summit Cup Filming Completed
- Episode Three Re-Air: Let the
Challenge Cup Trash Talking Begin
- Late Chapman Charge Wins
Istokpoga Elimination Day Three
- Episode 3: Let the Trash Talking Begin
- MLF Anglers Struggle at Falcon Elite but
Dominate Angler-of-the-Year Standings
- MLF Anglers Dominate at Sabine River Elite
- Jeff Kriet: A Lesson Learned
- Kriet's Offshore Crush
- Kriet: Winning the Battle
on the Water and Within
- Hackney Building, Adapting
and Fishing with Heroes
- Major League Lessons: Dock Fishing 101
- Quinn First to Punch Ticket to Finals
- The Race to 24 Pounds in Primetime
- 'Sudden Death' Pressure Cooker
- Ish Holds Off Kriet on Day 2
- Losing Composure During Episode 2
- Can West Dominate East on Summit Cup Day 2?
- Chautauqua Conjectures
- Hackney Fourth at Toledo Bend Elite
- Major League Decisions: Winning
Bass Angling's Mental Game
- Fishing the Deep: Finding Off-Shore Fish
- Martens Third at Douglas Lake Elite
- Looking for Quick Pattern Recognition
- VanDam, Ehrler Championship Bound
- Elimination Round Day 3: Angler Notes
- 'Crushing' Performance in Webisode Four
- McClelland Goes Wire to Wire
- Sudden Death: The Race to 40 Pounds
- Jones Fourth, Horton Sixth at Classic
- Injured Angler, High Winds in Webisode Three
- Day 3 Anglers Brace for the Unknown
- Jeff Kriet: The Mental Giant?