Angler Q & A
Technique strength: Off-shore. Using my electronics has been the key.
Technique weakness: When I have to go to the bank and fish the same water everyone is fishing.
Favorite lake or river: Grand Lake in Oklahoma, I won my first Elite Series there.
Least favorite lake or river: Lakes in Florida do not make sense to me.
Favorite bait: Football-head jig
Favorite fishing knot: Doubled improved clinch knot
Started bass fishing at the age of: I was probably 7 or 8.
Started fishing bass tournaments at the age of: 16, starting fishing against some big names.
Year turned pro: 1996 is when my career took off.
Do you get nervous before tournaments: This is what we do, it’s our job. I’ve learned to control it.
Largest bass caught to date: 9-pound, 15-ounce largemouth in competition
Your most memorable bass fishing moment: My win at Elite Series win at Grand Lake in 2005.
Your biggest bass fishing influence (person): My uncle is that one person that got me heading toward fishing tournaments. My dad was responsible to get me started fishing.
If you were not a professional bass angler, what would you be doing: I would still be involved in the bass fishing industry. Probably be involved in sales.
What question do most people ask you the most: How do I become a professional bass angler.
As a boy, what did you want to be when you grew up: When I was in 7th grade, I had to write a paper about this. I wanted to be a pro angler.
What is the biggest obstacle you face as a professional angler: The biggest thing we have to overcome is confidence. When we’re down, we have to find ways to lift our sprint.
How has state conservation programs and bass angler fish care effected bass fishing across the nation: The fish care that bass anglers have adopted through the years have really improved bass survival rates. A lot of bass I catch have several hook holes in their mouth. That tells me we are doing a good job at taking care of our fish.
Mike McClelland: 2015 Challenge Cup Sudden Death Day One Preview
Mike McClelland: 2015 Challenge Cup Elimination Day One Preview
Mike McClelland: 2015 Summit Cup Elimination Day One Wrap-Up
Mike McClelland: 2015 Summit Cup Elimination Day One Preview
2014 Challenge Cup Episode One (Full Episode)
Mike McClelland: Applications of Fishing Line Types
Mike McCelland: 2013 Summit Cup Day 1 Elimination Round Wrap-Up Interview
Mike McClelland: 2013 Summit Cup Event Preview Interview
- Mike Mcclelland 2015 Challenge Cup Sudden Death Day 1 - Photo 1
- Mike Mcclelland 2015 Challenge Cup Sudden Death Day 1 - Photo 2
- Mike Mcclelland 2015 Challenge Cup Sudden Death Day 1 - Photo 3
- Mike McClelland 2015 Challenge Cup Elimination Day 1 - Photo 1
- Mike McClelland 2015 Challenge Cup Elimination Day 1 - Photo 2
- Mike McClelland 2015 Challenge Cup Elimination Day 1 - Photo 3
- Mike McClelland 2015 Challenge Cup Elimination Day 1 - Photo 4
- Mike McClelland Summit Cup Day 1 - Photo 5
- Mike McClelland Summit Cup Day 1 - Photo 4
- Mike McClelland Summit Cup Day 1 - Photo 3
- Mike McClelland Summit Cup Day 1 - Photo 2
- Mike McClelland Summit Cup Day 1 - Photo 1
- Mike McClelland: 2013 Summit Cup Elimination Day 1, Photo 4
- Mike McClelland: 2013 Summit Cup Elimination Day 1, Photo 5
- Mike McClelland: 2013 Summit Cup Elimination Day 1, Photo 6
Mike McClelland NewsRSS
- McClelland's 101-Class on Fall Stickbait Bassin'
- Kriet Tops the Field of Elimination Day One
- Wind Forecast Doesn't Temper Grigsby's Enthusiasm
- Photo Finish for Martens in Sudden Death
- Hackney Hopes to Figure out Long Lake's Bass First
- KVD Delivers Crushing Day Three Performance
- Quinn Ready for Smallmouth and to Top KVD
- Alpena Summit Cup Filming Completed
- Episode Three Re-Air: Let the
Challenge Cup Trash Talking Begin
- Late Chapman Charge Wins
Istokpoga Elimination Day Three
- Episode 3: Let the Trash Talking Begin
- MLF Anglers Dominate at Sabine River Elite
- Pace Wins Bassmaster Classic,
11 MLF Anglers Finish in Top 25
- Pace, Palaniuk, Iaconelli Lead
the Field After Classic Day 2
- Ike Tied for Classic Day 1 Lead
- McClelland a Classic Favorite – And He Likes It
- Classic: Bone-Chilling Cold
- Man in the Moon Could Be the X-Factor
- Ike Dominates Summit Cup Day 1
- Chautauqua Conjectures
- Back in the Game
- The Wind Is Your Friend!
- Looking for Quick Pattern Recognition
- Ehrler Stunning in Finals
- Webisode Seven: Climb Inside the Minds
- Ehrler's Self-Induced Pressure
Fueled Challenge Cup Victory
- Jordon, McClelland Advance to Finals
- Challenge Cup Final Four
- Size vs. Numbers in Webisode Five
- Sudden Death Day 2: The Winds of Change
- Elimination Round Day 3: Angler Notes
- McClelland Goes Wire to Wire
- Injured Angler, High Winds in Webisode Three
- Day 3 Anglers Brace for the Unknown
- Mike McClelland: Changing the Approach
- Quantum to Support Major League Fishing